Friday, September 4, 2009

Stuff I've Made

Keychain
I forgot to take a picture, but check out the tutorial here:
http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2009/08/fashionable-fabric-key-chains.html

Reinforced knees

Jonathan is brutal on his jeans and I usually end up buying a few new pair halfway through the school year. This year I used iron on patches to reinforce the knees. I hope it works. Cupcake Purse

I don't have any little girls of my own to make these things for so when I saw this I knew I had to make it for Jonathan's friend Hannah for her birthday.


Backpack Tag
Jonathan's name and phone number are on the back of the tag. MP3 player case
This is my MP3 player. It plays movies, music and audiobooks, and it is what makes the gym tolerable for me. I have been worried about the screen getting scratched in my purse so I made a little case for it tonight.




8 comments:

Adrian said...

Everything is so cute. I love it all. You are very talented!! I just bought fabric to make that keychain too!! You are so stuck now for helping out with fab friday! Wonder if those backpack id tags would be something we could do? How much do you think you spent making it?

Kathryn said...

I could try to be as talented as you...if only I still had a sewing machine. :(

Kim said...

Adrian - I think the backpack tags would be really cheap to make. it takes just a little scrapbook paper and stickers, which I already had.I used laminating pockets. I think they were around $4 for a package of 5, but we might be able to find a cheaper option. I didn't like the rings she used in the tutorial because they looked like they could come off too easily so I used a keychain I already had.

Kim said...

Kathryn - What happened to your sewing machine? You are welcome to come over and use mine any time.

Trimble said...

Well aren't you crafty!

Kathryn said...

My sewing machine was... um... "accidentally broken" in the move up here. I'm gonna say it was dropped, but no one will fess up. Sad me.

Adrian said...

Kim...I will talk to you more about it tomorrow at church, but Katie and I were wondering if you'd be willing to find and do a christmas craft for super saturday. We would love the help. We just dont have anything christmassy yet and cant come up with anything. A home decor, decoration, whatever. It would be nice to keep it under 15 dollars if possible. We would need you to make it for the display and then price it for us. After everyone places their order, we would need you to gather the supplies for it. (after we have collected the money for it) Make sense? Some things we are already doing....necklaces, vinyl word blocks, recipe tin, glass block with lights, scrapbook journal, light sabers, and a few other small things and then cooking/mixes stuff. So, let me or Katie know what you think or if it's too much for you. That's ok too...or if you already have another idea of a fun craft you thing others would like.

Unknown said...

Wow, good going. By the whay, we got our baby.