Monday, October 19, 2009

Misunderstood

We're in California visiting Russell's family and taking a trip to Disneyland tomorrow. I will post pictures when I get a chance, but I had to write down a conversation with Jonathan before I forget it.

My father in law gave us a book with some pictures and family stories (mostly about his parents and grandparents) and I was reading it most of the day yesterday. Jonathan asked me last night what this book was that I had been reading. I told him it was family history about his ancestors. He looks up (like he's looking at heaven) and says "my ancestors up there?" Because some of the people in the stories are still alive I said, "Some of them." Then his eyes get big; he points down and says "Are some of them down there?"

At this point Russ and I doubled over laughing.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This one will keep me giggling all day! I sure miss being his teacher.

Unknown said...

The simple minds of children....got to love them.

Adrian said...

Thats too cute. You'll be glad you wrote that down.

Trimble said...

Awesome!

Sarah Jayne said...

lol! That's great!

Rachel said...

Oh that is awesome!