Ever since school got out, I feel like we've been going non stop. Sorry, but this post is going to be largely a photo dump.
At the end of June, Russell's sister Lori and her family dropped by to visit while they were here in Utah. It was good to see everyone and I can't believe how big all the kids are getting. I feel so old.

All of my family came to visit at the beginning of July. We went to Lagoon with Aunt Kerri, Christina and Kathleen. Jonathan was brave and tried new rides and even found a couple new favorites. I got soaked on the river ride making me question why I thought it was so important to dry my hair that morning.


I can't believe I didn't have any pictures of the 4th, but I think all those were on Kerri's camera so I don't have them. Kerri wanted to camp out in the backyard with Jonathan one night while she was here. So we set up the tent that we have for emergencies but never use because we don't camp. Yes, I realize that sounds strange. Actually, having all these people in my house almost required the tent as an extra bedroom. Lucky for Aunt Kristen, they had room at Great Grandma's house. (No, Kristen, I wouldn't have made you stay in the tent. We were considering putting Mom out there though.)
Note the extension cord. This is how we "rough it" in our family. With laptop computers and Nintendo game systems.
While I'd like to think my whole family came to Utah at the same time just to see me, the real reason they came was for my cousin Christina's wedding. Christina and Nick were married July 8, 2009. Get it? 07/08/09? It took me a while to get it. I'm a little slow in my old age.
No, that's not the groom. Jonathan was the ring bearer. Good thing I wasn't the photographer. My pictures aren't great.I have been so excited for months to see my little boy in a kilt. Apparently he grew a lot in the few months since he first tried it on because the kilt barely fit. It was more of a mini kilt, but he looked adorable. His cousin Alyssa was the flower girl. Don't you love their forced smiles? They were probably sick of people taking pictures.
Aunt Kerri was one of the bridesmaids.
The wedding ceremony was in Alta. I just love this background.
The professional pictures of this ceremony are sure to be gorgeous.
I'd like to say that we can finally relax and get back to boring everyday life, but our house is going to be torn up for painting this week so maybe not. I have a few pictures to post of things I've made and the bathroom I painted (which proved to Russ that my paintint the entire house myself was not a good idea). But those pictures will have to wait because it's nearly midnight and I have to work in the morning.

Aunt Kerri was one of the bridesmaids.
The wedding ceremony was in Alta. I just love this background.
The professional pictures of this ceremony are sure to be gorgeous.I'd like to say that we can finally relax and get back to boring everyday life, but our house is going to be torn up for painting this week so maybe not. I have a few pictures to post of things I've made and the bathroom I painted (which proved to Russ that my paintint the entire house myself was not a good idea). But those pictures will have to wait because it's nearly midnight and I have to work in the morning.











2 comments:
You guys camp the way I like to camp - with electronics (& a real house) nearby! :)
Jonathan looks GREAT in his kilt! I showed Bryson & told him we should get him one. The response was not positive. teehee!
When you're done painting, come on by - I have a bathroom you can practice on....
Sorry, Kathryn. We didn't paint it ourselves, we hired someone. But I have his phone number if you want to ask him to practice on your bathroom.
Post a Comment