Monday, May 11, 2009

Bags and Pinata

These are the toy bags I made. The two large bags we used as gift bags for birthday presents. I made a little gift card on the computer and just tied it on with some ribbon. I made the 3 smaller bags to use as gift bags for mother's day gifts and another birthday present. I used iron on adhesive to adhere the little felt flowers. Note: the cheap adhesive from Walmart isn't very good. I'll have to splurge for the real stuff next time.



For Cinco de Mayo Jonathan's class made pinatas. Can you guess what his is? I'll give you a hint, it's not what it looks like. You know when your kid paints a picture and you have no idea what it is so you try to guess and they get all offended when you get it wrong? Me too.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Kim, I love your bags! They turned out great! I've been making a list of everything that we could put in bags, including the boys! Can you imagine haw much cheaper a 'cocoon' would be rather than a bed, mattress, sheets, pillows, etc?

Kathryn said...

LOVE the bags! You're much better at this crafty-sewing thing than you let on...

My guess for the pinata -
a pig?

Trimble said...

Very cute bags and I love the blog where you got the how-to.

Kerri said...

Cute bags! What in the world is that thing? Knowing that Jonathan loves dogs I would guess its maybe a dog but then again it looks sort of like a pokemon...who knows maybe it Obama's new dog!!!

Kim said...

*ding ding ding* Kerri is the winner! It's a dog. A Golden retriever to be exact. Russ and I both guessed pig, which earned us some dirty looks from the boy.

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Josh's bag was SOOOOO COOL!!! Thanks for sending Jonathon along!! I can always count on him being one of the ones who will listen and stay relatively calm!!! (Something a mother with 14 boys at her house is extremely grateful for!!!!)

Kim said...

Thanks Mary. I'm glad he can behave himself when I'm not around.

Rachel said...

WOW, love love love the bags. You are so amazingly creative. I kind of hope living so close to you, some of it might kind of bounce off and radiate onto me.

Kim said...

Rachel - I just copied someone else's idea. You are creative in other ways. Like with your pictures. Maybe some of that talent will eventually rub off on me with both you and Mary so close by.