Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Funny (I absolutely adore alliteration)...

A salesman rang our doorbell this afternoon. It takes me a few minutes to open the door when we have visitors because I have to put Dollie outside, barking of course. Pie refuses to go outside so she accompanies me to the door, also barking. When I opened the door today, the salesman was heading quickly down the stairs looking a little frightened. He agreed that we probably did not need the alarm system he was selling.

In addition to our canine security system, we occasionally have a feline security guard on our front porch. The neighbor's cats like our scratchy doormat. (I actually bought it just for them.) Someday I will be quick enough to get a picture.

4 comments:

SarahAnne said...

LOL That's a funny story, Kim. Thanks for sharing! ;o)

Brook said...

That is great! Maybe we should have our dog in the house for that reason. I am so tired of door to door salesmen. We just ignore the door.

Rachel said...

Hee hee, the same guy came to our house, and laughed after I unlocked our one billlllllllllion locks on the door.

Again, he agreed about the system being not needed here.

Kim said...

Rachel - Did you tell him you needed an alarm to tell you when someone was trying to break out, not in?