Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yikes! I have tons of stuff to post.

DI Jackpot
Most of the time, when I go to DI, I don't find anything worth buying. Tuesday morning however, I went in search of a desk for Jonathan's room. He wanted a desk in his room for writing. The boy loves to write and draw. What I had in mind was an old student desk, like they have in the classrooms. It's small and ideally would have a little storage space. I had seen one at a local consignment shop, but they were asking more than I was willing to pay. I figured it would take several DI trips until I found just what I was looking for, so imagine my surprise when I found exactly what I wanted on the first try.

I got this for $6. Add in a can of $3 spray paint and the total cost for this desk was $9.


Not only did I find the desk, I also found 2 purses that look brand new, a laptop bag that really was brand new (still had the tags) a pair of shoes and two books of piano music.


3 comments:

Trimble said...

Wahooo!

Kathryn said...

HOORAY for all your great buys!!

But that Chopin book made my fingers cramp...just remembering hours & hours of practicing!

Kim said...

Kathryn - I don't even know if I can play anything from that book anymore, but I had to have it.