Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rhinos and Peacocks and Apes, oh my!

On Friday all the kindergarten classes at Jonathan's school went to the Hogle Zoo.


These are the four kiddos I was responsible for. When I first decided to go on the trip I told Jonathan that (if his teacher let them choose) to just pick 3 of his friends to be in our group. Fortunately, the teachers (in their infinite wisdom) chose the groups themselves and my sanity was spared. What was I thinking?! Yeah Jonathan, just choose any 3 of your rowdy boy buddies for me to chase all over the zoo. Thank goodness the teachers are smarter than me. I had two lovely, sweet girls who stayed next to me the whole time. Jonathan and the other boy were surprisingly well behaved, but I wonder if that would have been the case if the other boy had been one of his regular partners in crime.





Here's how my little monkey measures up to an ape.









Jonathan, please tell us what those pictographs say.


The playground: a really bad idea. This is where we almost lost the boys. Check out all the kids on that seesaw.







Some of the animals we saw.

0 comments: