Conversation with Jonathan as I was making dinner:
Jonathan: "Mom, why are you making that? It stinks!"
Me: "That's rude. Maybe you need to spend some time in your room."
Jonathan: "Sorry. It just smells bad."
Apparently, it is rude to say something stinks, but saying dinner smells bad is okay.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Dinner Time
Posted by Kim at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
It really is all in the way you say it. My old Seminary teacher always used the examples of 'your face could make time stand still' vs. 'your face could stop a clock'. And, I'm finding out boys are great at picking and choosing just the right words!
Reminded me of the time I slightly overcooked the broccoli...
"Out of the mouths of babes..."
He and Michael could be long-lost brothers. Michael rountinely walks down the stairs whilst I cook exclaiming, "Oh no! Something stinks!"
Probably part of why I so dislike cooking. ;)
Post a Comment