Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Week in Review

Look what I made
When I was a kid my mom made us all Tooth Fairy pillows. They had a little pocket on the front with our names embroidered on them. Well, I can't sew well or embroider, so I decided to make Jonathan a bag with a tooth on it. It has so many mistakes and I hate the stitching I did around the tooth. I think I could do better if I ever attempt to make one again, but Jonathan seems happy enough with this one. He still hasn't lost any teeth yet, but now we are prepared for when he does.Tacky the Penguin
Jonathan's class put on a little play for their parents last week. They turned a book into a reader's theater. Jonathan was one of the narrators. They kids all had little foam visors for their parts. There were Penguins, Hunters and Narrators.
A Public Service Announcement
I went to lunch yesterday with some of the ladies from work. I always have a good time with these women and we always find something to laugh about. Yesterday was no exception. Olive Garden is so busy that it appears they have crammed tables into every available space. This provides nosy people like me the opportunity to listen to conversations at the next table. Yesterday we were seated just inches away from a group of middle aged conspiracy theorists. Did you know that the fall of communism in the Soviet Union was staged? It was! And when we least expect it, the Russians are going to rise up and take over the world. You've now been warned.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Love the bag, all the dog fabric makes it look like your waiting for Pie to lose a tooth!!! Thank you for warning me about the Russians I'll make sure I marry one so that we all have immunity we they try to kill us all.

Kim said...

Well, Dollie lost two teeth recently, but the tooth fairy doesn't come for dogs. I'll keep my eye out for a Russian husband for you.

Kathryn said...

Hmmm...guess we'd all better learn to make borscht.

Until then, you can find me in the Rehart's new playhouse. :)

Rachel said...

*Looking over shoulder* Comrade Kim, did you not KNOW this? Be prepared to learn Russian. :P

I love the tooth bag, that is sooooo cute. I need to be more creative. I bet our Toothfairy is so unimpressed with me. And I really like your blanket-stitch. It looks good.