Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vacation pictures

Here's the rest of our trip to AZ...

On day 2, we babysat Kerri's friend's baby Junior. He was such a doll, he saved all his fussiness for his mom. We took him to the mall where everyone ooh'd and aah'd over him and he peed on the wall in the bathroom when Kerri was changing him. The little dogs (Max and Lola) were surprisingly interested in the baby. I think Max is trying to figure out what kind of dog he is.

The next day we went to Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA.
Kerri and Jonathan climbed the Rock Wall.

That's as high as he got.

On Sunday we went to the Race for the Cure with a team Kerri and some friends organized. (I volunteered to take the picture so I'm not in it) We missed our 1 mile walk thanks to really poor parking organization. Luckily, the shuttle busses weren't running when we wanted to leave and we had to walk about 1.5 miles back to the car.
This is Max. We have a love hate relationship. I love him and he hates me. He's such a cute little bugger, but he barks and growls every time I enter the room.

This is Kerri's dog Lola. Lola likes me and I'm going to steal her one day.
This is Lola at Kerri's soccer game, which they won. Notice how she is all bundled up in her winter coat because it is so cold in Tucson.
We had a great time in Tucson. I am sorry that I didn't get to visit any friends while I was there. It just seems like we never have enough time to do everything in one trip. Hopefully I'll plan better next time.
We also had a much more enjoyable trip down and back since we decided to spend the night in Sin City each way. The 14 - 16 hour drive was just getting too long with 2 dogs and an impatient 7 year old so we found a kennel in Vegas for the dogs and got ourselves a room at a hotel.
Lastly, a word of caution... The entire state of AZ is now one big speed trap. They have photo enforcement cameras everywhere. I don't think I got a ticket, but I guess we'll find out if I get a letter in the mail in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Jon and Jacque said...

Looks like tons of fun!!

Adrian said...

Looks like you had a fun, WARM, vacation!!

Rachel said...

LOVE the pictures. And I have heard the same thing about the speed trap. My friend's husband got TWO tickets over their vacation Easter weekend. (One for 12 miles over and one for 14...and they totaled almost $400! In Utah, that's be like $150.)