Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun with dummies

Every year since Jonathan was a baby I have taken a CPR/First Aid class. It started with a somewhat irrational fear of something happening to my baby and then I was so overwhelmed by all the information that I decided I needed to take the class over the next year and the next and the next... After about 7 classes I think I could remember what to do if I need it, but I hope I never do. Now I have to be certified for my job so I get to take the class for free every year.

I'm always sort of amused at the dismembered "victims" we have to practice on. This year our pretend face shields had faces drawn on them. I named my victim Manny, but those red lips make him look like a girl. Maybe he was in drag?

Hey, I had to be up at 7 am for this. Everything is funny when you don't get enough sleep.



4 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

How funny about the dummies, definitely in drag. lol! Oh, and I wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog!

Rachel said...

Hee hee!

That looks, erm, fun.

No, but really, that is great. A very very good skill to have.

Kendell said...

I think every parent should take classes like that. I need to! I'm glad you could get some laughs!

Fancypants said...

Now I know who to call in case of a problem!