Saturday, September 6, 2008

Playing with actions

Rachel gave me some actions for Photoshop Elements tonight and I just had to show off the results.
This first picture came from one of my Grandma's old slides that I scanned a while back. It worked well for this action since it has no people in it.

The first action I ran was Joki Deep Color Pop.

Then I thought it was still a little dark so I ran the other action, Phaunt Sunshine.
I know they all still look a lot alike, but there really is a difference. Still, I think there may be too much red. But then, I always tend to overdo it when I take the red out. So I was a little cautious about that this time.

The next one is a picture of Jonathan that was too dark. I used the Sunshine action and I really like it now.

Before


After. I did fix those lovely red eyes before running the action. Just in case you thought the action did that.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

With the color pop action, I also sometimes will make a duplicate of the multiply layer and change the layer style to screen (from the drop down menu above the layer palette) and adjust it to around 25-30% opacity. That will also brighten it up.

Then you could flatten the image and then make ANOTHER duplicate layer and adjust the red saturation and then play around with the opacity of that layer until you get a color you're really happy with. If there are areas that you'd like more red than others, use your soft-edged eraser brush and erase the hue/sat adjustment layer, so their reds show through without the desaturating you did on the other reds.

(Clear as mud?)

I really like them! Very dramatic!

Fancypants said...

Oooooooo....fancy. Very good. I need photoshop.