Friday, September 26, 2008

Quirks

I got tagged by Rachel to describe 6 unspectacular quirks about myself. This is very hard. I've been thinking about it on and off the entire day. What makes me me? And sometimes it's not so nice to think about.

1. I will do almost anything to avoid housework. I will volunteer my time at school, in the community, donate blood, shop (this is my favorite), read, spend too much time on the computer, etc... This means that when my house needs to be neat and tidy (which it rarely is) I have to spend a couple hours straight cleaning the whole darn thing. Also there are some household tasks I will negotiate my way out of. (Bathrooms!) It's a good thing I have a husband who is willing to negotiate.

2. I enjoy anything crafty and creative. I love to look at craft boutiques and copy ideas because I can't bring myself to pay for something I could make myself.

3. I used to be scared of kids. Before I had my own child, I was very awkward around children. Being asked to substitute in the nursery terrified me. Yes, those little tiny toddlers scared the heck out of me. As Jonathan has grown I've become more comfortable with each age group. And many of you know that those nursery age kids are now some of my favorites. But as a teen and young adult, I was absolutely terrified of young children.

4. I love just hanging out with my family. We don't always have a set family night, due to Russell's work schedule, but nearly every night he is home we spend together. We also like to spend time with our extended family. I love when my parents and sisters visit (or we visit them) because every night is game night. I also play video games with my son. And by myself. I've had to lay off the Wii since I hurt my arm and I miss it. I love my video games.

5. I love animals. I'm allergic to almost all of them, though I can tolerate dogs if they're kept clean and hair short. We will probably always have a dog. We originally got the dogs to keep me company at night when Russ was at work. I feel safe having two relatively large barking animals around. They're also good for warming your feet in the winter.

6. I'm not good at finishing what I start. I always have great intentions of say following an exercise program, eating right, finishing a big craft project. But, unless I am going to disappoint someone else by not finishing, I find that I let it fall by the wayside. I always intend to pick it up later, but something else gets in the way. So, I have many an unfinished project in my basement or an idea in my head that has never come to fruition.

Now you probably know more than you care to know about me. I tag anyone who wants to try this themselves.

0 comments: