This top picture is for Aunt Kerri.
First of all, if you haven't taken your children to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum, you should. It is such a fun place! I have tons of pictures to post, but they're not great. Nobody wanted to stop moving long enough to get a good picture.
Rachel - I did see McKay, but he wasn't in our group. Funny story: when McKay got off the bus after the field trip he made a beeline for his classroom. Apparently he felt the same way I felt about a busload of rowdy kids.
The museum is super organized and split us into 2 groups and kept us on separate floors. All the kids wore either red or green vests and the adults wore either red or green tags identifying them as chaperones from the school. This field trip was so much less stressful than the zoo last year. That might also have something to do with the 3 kids in my group. They were awesome! I didn't have to worry for a minute about anyone running off and getting lost.
You'll notice the faces of the other kids are covered. That's not because I don't like their faces, but they aren't my kids and I didn't want to post their pictures without their parents' permission.
There were two areas that I almost had to drag the boys out of and the construction site was one of them.
Next was the grocery store.


The TV station was so fun. In front of the desk there are teleprompters and behind those there are TV screens where you can see the kids on TV. There was also a weather station.
This was the next place I almost had to drag the boys out of. The helicopter. Outside the second floor they have a life sized helicopter and a control tower. This picture is of Jonathan spent most of his time in the control tower. They have speakers so the kids in the control tower can talk to the kids in the helicopter.
This is where Jonathan got tired of my picture taking.
After the museum, we went to Liberty park for lunch and a little more play time. This is Jonathan and two of his regular partners in crime. They were all in the same class last year and have been split up this year. (I wonder why?)
As predicted, I was worn out after spending a day with these little balls of energy. Oh how I wish I could have some of that energy.
4 comments:
How fun! We'll for sure be going then when Danger's older.
That is SO fun. We used to go often back when it was in the old building. It had some fun stuff (the store, an airplane, a big nest, etc.), but it looks like it has really expanded.
McKay came home and wanted to go right back. He keeps saying, "Well, now we need to go to the Children's Museum, ok?"
That place looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I wish they had something like that here! Love the cute things you put over the faces.
That looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment