Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Sweet Boy

This happened a few days ago and I had forgotten about it until tonight. Jonathan was having trouble falling asleep and I didn't know how to help him. I asked if he wanted me to sing to him, even though he's never really liked that. Surprisingly he said yes, so I sang a couple of the songs he is learning in primary. My voice has been pretty much absent and was just coming back so I didn't sound good. Before he went to sleep my sweet boy told me, "Even though your voice is gone, it's still beautiful."

Sometimes I wonder if Jonathan and I would have the same relationship if I'd been able to have more children. I love my parents dearly, but I don't remember being so close to them that I would say something like that. He is so open with his feelings and showing love for Russ and me, which is something I wasn't good at until I had my own family. I have no doubt that Jonathan was meant to come to our family. He is such a blessing to us.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet story, thanks for sharing

Trimble said...

I've always known there was something amazing about that little boy. Even as a Sunbeam he always seemed like a 12 year old in a 3 year old's body. What a little sweetheart.

Mama Bear said...

The stories you share about him really touch me. He seems like such a wonderful son, I believe it is a testament to his parents and how he was raised.

Rachel said...

Oh that is so sweet. He's a darling boy. I love the bond you have.