Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keeping me company

The last two nights have been pumpking carving nights. They were supposed to be "family" pumpkin carving nights, but my family totally abandoned me, leaving me to carve pumpkins on my own in the garage. I carved Jonathan's last night. He made the design and intended to carve it, but there were kids playing outside and they held more appeal. Tonight I carved our second pumpkin. Although my family had better things to do, I still had a couple of visitors... My neighbors' cats.

This guy visited me last night until Jonathan accidentally let the dogs out, and well you can guess how that went. I didn't think we'd see him again for a while, but he came back again tonight. This kitty also likes to guard our front porch (actually, I think he just likes to sleep on our doormat).

This little guy is very adventurous. In addition to visiting me while pumpkin carving, he walked right into my house like he owned the place this morning when my visiting teacher came over. Fortunately for him, I'd already put the dogs away because they're a little too affectionate with visitors. By the way, Rachel, do you have a name for this little guy yet? He is now known by the neighbors as being your cat so you might as well name him. ;)



This is the pumpkin I carved tonight. Jonathan's is currently at the school for the pumpkin parade so we'll have to get a picture of it later.



7 comments:

Adrian said...

Cute pumpking. We are going to attempt carving tonite. (unfortunately it's my least fav. halloween activity.) I will have to fake the fun!

Kathryn said...

Wow - will you do mine next year?? :)

In our neighborhood, the visiting cat came from the Meiners home. But they've got that under control now so we're cat-less. But with our dog "on watch", I'm pretty sure we'll always be cat-less.

Kim said...

I don't mind the visiting cats. They are welcome outside my house because they eat the unwelcome critters.

Carving pumpkins is my favorite halloween activity, but I am a cheater. I use stencils.

Fancypants said...

Will you come carve our pumpkins? Very fine job.

Brook said...

that is really awesome. You do such a good job. did you enter any in the contest at legacy??

Rachel said...

WOW! That pumpkin is AMAZING. I couldn't even DRAW the design, let alone carve it. Amazing, you talented woman.

And hmmm, I personally think we ought to name him Crookshanks, since we have McGonagall. Michael wanted to name him Michael, but I told him that would be confusing. But now he wants to name him Adam (his middle name), so who knows. Perhaps Crookshanks Adam?

Kim said...

Ooh. I like Crookshanks.