Monday, October 13, 2008

What's my motivation here?

At work every Holiday season we have a little contest called Health for the Holidays. The requirements are to get 30 mins exercise 3 days a week and meet a goal that you set at the beginning of the contest. Most of us are smart enough not to make our goal "lose 10 pounds" or "run a marathon". Our goals are "maintain weight" or "exercise 3x a week". Anyway, for this contest we have to form groups of 4 and you can only win if your group all does their part. You also have to choose a team captain. I thought all the captain had to do was turn in the entry form so I volunteered. Turns out, they want me to motivate my team. And if I am the most creative and consistent at motivating my team I get a $50 gift card. So here's the problem: I am the member of my team who needs the most motivation! Okay, that's just one problem. The other one is that I need creative ideas to motivate my team so I can win 50 bucks. Anyone have any good ideas?


3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I know when I've had to motivate people, I used something like an advent calendar. For each "milestone" reached you open a door or however you choose to do it. Behind it have little motivation quotes, small rewards, etc. Good luck, I'll try to think of other ideas that might win a creativity challenge.

Rachel said...

Hmm, I need to ponder this. Because honestly I am more of the "grit my teeth and bear it" person when it comes to motivating myself.

Maybe Nancy will check in?

Kelly said...

Money is a great motivator...for me, anyways! I see that your thing isn't all about numbers, but here;s what my sisters and I did for a while : We each weighed on the same day, and whoever lost the biggest % of their weight was immune. The others had to put 2$ or whatever in the pot. At the end, the one that lost the biggest percentage got the pot to buy a new pretty in a smaller size.