Thursday, November 20, 2008

So proud of my boy

Each year Jonathan's school does Reflections. I think most of you know what this is. The kids can submit work they have done in several categories like dance, literature, photography, visual arts, and more that I have forgotten. This year Jonathan wanted to participate so he wrote a story about our dogs. The theme this year was "Wow" so he wrote a story called Pie and Dolly's Adventures. In his story the dogs do all sorts of crazy things like fly to the moon and visit their doggy cousins in Arizona. So anyway, Jonathan won a medal for his story and it gets to move on to the next level of competition (whatever that is).

I'm so proud of my boy. Not just because he won something, but because he worked so hard on his story. Just to brag a little, he not only wrote it out by hand, he later typed it (all by himself!) so that it would look nice when he handed it in. He also drew pictures to illustrate every page.

Now I need to amend a statement I made in my previous entry. Walmart security is no longer the highlight of my day.


8 comments:

Rachel said...

That is AWESOME!

He is such a SMART SMART boy. You have lots of reasons to be proud of him.

Trimble said...

So cool. You should publish the book on Blurb!

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Congratulations Jonathan!!!!! What a smart thing to do! That is so fun!

(PS I'm not a good mommy. I typically discourage my kids from doing reflections. It just always occurs at a time when I am so busy.)

Kim said...

I actually used my free photo book to publish this book. I did edit his book to add punctuation (since he used none). And I'm giving it to him for Christmas.

Adrian said...

Congrats Jonathan! What a cool thing you did!

Dansie Family said...

that is great! my son is working hard on writing a song for our contest this year. that should be fun.

Fancypants said...

Wow is right! That's great. I try to get my kids to enter Relfections and they never do.

Give him a big "High Five" from me....even though he probably doesn't know who I am.

Kathryn said...

HOORAY, Sir Jumps-Alot! That's SO great!!

(And, YEA MOMMY for encouraging him. I'm afraid I have not earned the Reflections Mommy badge.)