Thursday, November 20, 2008

Walmart Secret Agents


I had the opportunity today to watch Walmart security take down a shop lifter. Well, there wasn't really any taking down so much as grabbing by the arm, but still it was the highlight of my boring day. Did you know that Walmart security guards do not wear uniforms? They just look like regular shoppers, until they start chasing you and give themselves away. So if you ever feel like someone is stalking you in Walmart, maybe it's just security thinking you're a thief.

4 comments:

Trimble said...

That's really funny. I'm sorry I missed that!

Rachel said...

Wow, that would be really entertaining. Too bad I missed it. Glad you reported it though.

SarahAnne said...

That's funny. When I worked at Target in high school I was shocked when all of a sudden this tall lanky guy practically tackled someone walking out of the store. It was scary b/c the thief sprayed pepper spray! But the tall lanky guy was our security guy, too. They sure do blend in, and it's a good thing!

Kathryn said...

Hmmm...and I thought that guy following me just thought I was cute. (wink!)