Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What Jonathan does at school...

First off, I could just kick myself for not taking a picture of this. Everytime Jonathan makes a good mess I'm more concerned about getting it cleaned up than taking pictures.

So it's bedtime last night and I knew something was up when Jonathan refused to take his shirt off in front of me. I totally encourage modesty, but this boy has never been that modest. I asked him, "What are you trying to hide under your shirt?" At this point he tries to convince me that a friend stuck crayons down his shirt and somehow those crayons wrote on his skin. Impressive crayons. I wasn't buying it.

Once I got the shirt off it was obvious that the "crayons" were actually markers, and that those markers were very artistically inclined. Not only had they tatooed his back, they had gotten his chest as well. Finally, I got some of the real story out of him. I doubt I heard the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but it was more believable than markers that draw by themselves.

During reading time Jonathan's friend "B" was able to aquire a couple of black markers. He and Jonathan then used those markers to help each other tatoo themselves. While the friend wrote on Jonathan's back, Jonathan did his own chest. This is where I wish I had a picture because Jonathan gave himself a (can I say this on a family blog?) bra!

I think he was just trying to connect the dots, so to speak, but that isn't what it looked like.


10 comments:

Becky said...

That is hilarious! I'm totally the same way -- I missed a marker down the legs photo-op a few weeks ago because I was so concerned with cleaning it up. Wish I had grabbed the camera first!

Trimble said...

SOOOOO funny!

Brook said...

That is funny! Where was his teacher??

Kelly said...

Hilarious! We have those same kind of markers at my house. In fact, lots of our art supplies can work themselves!

Rachel said...

Are his friends named "I Don't Know" and "Not Me?" Those are always the ones who work the naughty markers at my house. ;)

Hee hee.

SarahAnne said...

Oh my goodness! LOL!!!

Fancypants said...

It's a right of passage for children....they all go through the self-tattoo phase.

Can I ask - "Where the heck was the teacher?"

Kim said...

Okay, I have to stick up for the teacher here. I gather this was during reading time, and she was reading to them. Jonathan told me they have assigned seaating on the rug and he sits in back. So, the teacher's only crime here was putting two sneaky little boys in the back. I do think that should probably be corrected.

Kristen said...

Remeber when I had the girls in Italy? Natalie came upstairs to tell me Carmen had "painted" herself. I thought she probably got a pen mark on her until I went downstairs and saw the blue and orange marker covering her face. She wanted to put on makeup like mommy. Fortunately I stopped for a second before we had completely washed it off so I could take a picture for her mom. Those are moments that are too funny to miss out on.
Our little boy is very creative. Such a good storyteller. Carmen wasonly 3 but all she said at first was "not me ".

Kathryn said...

Those pictures would've been the perfect "show to the fiancee" pics! (You know we all have a stash)

Sidenote: I need to learn to avoid all drinks while reading your blog. Too many beverages almost spit upon my keyboard. :)