Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas adventures


As mentioned previously, we did make our trek to Tucson for Christmas. The trip down was long due to snow, and traffic in some cities, but not too bad. Once we arrived at my parents house we had an enjoyable time with family. My camera finally decided to give out (after I accidentally dropped it on my mom's tile floor). So I don't have as many pictures as I'd like.

Santa, being all knowing, was able to find Jonathan at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Santa, the grandparents and his aunts were very generous this year. A couple favorites were a Pokemon DS game, Legos and a new game Pictureka.
After presents, we all went to see the movie Marley and Me. If you plan to see this movie, make sure you take a box of tissues. Really, they should hand them out at the door. I've never heard so many people sniffling in my life. Myself included. It really is a good movie, with more laughing than crying.
After the movie we had some little friends over to decorate gingerbread cookies. This was aunt Kerri's idea and she made us drive around looking for a store that was open at 9 pm Christmas eve so we could buy the dough and decorations. Still, the kids had fun. We had good times, played games, shopped and shopped some more. Then on Saturday, sickness hit. My mom got it first, with aunt Kerri suspecting that she might be next. By Monday when we were leaving, the three of us were feeling okay so we decided to make our trip home. Then, a few hours in, it hit Jonathan. Poor little guy was sick all the way home. It was not fun. Due to extra bathroom stops and none of us feeling really great, the trip took a lot longer than usual and we were so glad to finally be home at around 12:30 am Tuesday morning.
Now, to leave you on a lighter note, I wanted to share a picture of the house next to my parents'. This is what can happen when you no longer have a HOA.


4 comments:

Fancypants said...

Sorry about your camera and the illness laden ride home. Glad you are back to snowy UT and glad you don't have a pink house.

Kathryn said...

What a fun trip - glad you got home safely! Sorry you were sick though.

At least you don't live next door to that really icky house! Really...there oughta be a law...

Rachel said...

It all sounds really fun, minus the sickness, the driving and the broken camera.

Will Russell let me help you pick a new one? heh. (Hey, the XS is on sale cheap...and I bet you could find a used XT SUPER cheap...I'm just sayin'.)

Kim said...

Rachel = You already did help me pick a new one. Remember the Canon? A590 I think. That is what I've decided one. Sadly, I just can't justify one like yours, but this one seems to be good.