Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Saving the planet and why I'm loyal to Albertsons Pharmacy...


I went to pick up my albuterol at the pharmacy today. In case you didn't know, albuterol is the drug in my asthma inhaler. I don't need it every day, but it's nice to have on hand for those fun occasions when I can't breathe. So, I get to the pharmacy and they inform me that the inhaler I use is no longer available and has been replaced with a more environmentally friendly version. The cost to me for saving the planet is an extra $25. Merry Christmas and happy crappy economy to me! And look at the picture, it's even Christmas colors.

As always though, Albertsons pharmacy has the nicest most helpful people. They have a coupon to save me $20 each on my first 5 refills. Making my first 5 inhalers only $5 more than usual. Then, because I have filled a certain magic number of prescriptions with them, I got a 10% off coupon for my next grocery purchase. And as if that isn't enough, I bought some clearance makeup that rang up at full price. Apparently it is their policy that if something rings up wrong you get it free!

If this wasn't enough to make me love Albertsons, let me tell you some of the things they've done in the past. Once they gave me the wrong dosage on a prescription. When I pointed it out they gave me a $25 gift card to make up for the inconvenience. Then last summer when my dad was visiting, I went there looking for the test strips for his diabetes finger poker thingy and they didn't have them. Albertsons called a few other pharmacies for me. One of those was Kohlers, which didn't have the strips, but they did have a coupon for a free new meter that included test strips.

Both of these stores have taken a hit from bigger evil retailers like Walmart and even though it requires an extra trip, I'm not moving my drug buying business over to Wally World. I do shop at the afore mentioned root of all evil, but the one time I used their pharmacy it was a disaster and they didn't offer me anything for my inconvenience.
Thanks for listening to my free Albertsons commercial. You can all return to your regularly scheduled programming now.


6 comments:

Trimble said...

You should check this list because Albertsons will also price match http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/customer_list.pdf

Amy said...

I also love Albies!! Albertsons and WalMart are pretty much next door to each other in my neck of the woods and I do all my perscription purchases at Albies. Albies is much faster and nicer! I shop at walmart, too, but prefer Albertsons.

Rachel said...

We like to go to Albertsons for some things, but after this ad, I think I will go there more often. Definately for scripts. I have never had luck with Walmart. And only a pinch with Costco.

Linda said...

You are a very witty and clever writer! Do you write other than blogging?

Fancypants said...

Walgreens is our Alberutol dealer of choice and they do the 'green' version as well. You can't beat the drive through.

Kathryn said...

I'm an Albertsons pharmacy fan too. 'Cuz the pharmacist is from my hometown in California! :)

Oh yea - and cuz they're nice & all that. Really.