So, inspired by Rachel's post about Michael and Hannah cleaning their rooms, I tried this tactic with Jonathan. Here's sort of how it went...
Jonathan: "Mom, will you buy me (insert toy he can't live without here)?
Me: "What do you think you can do to make me want to buy you (insert toy he will die without here)?" I go on to explain that his attitude lately has not been very respectful.
(this is where everything starts to go very wrong)
Jonathan the negotiator: "How many days do I have to be nice so you will buy me the toy?"
It all went downhill from there. Huge tantrum and early bedtime last night. Rachel, you may have heard said tantrum at your house.
This has been our life for the last several weeks, and I'm at a loss. I try things I read in parenting books and you know what? They don't tell you how to deal with a negotiator! So, can you see why I am not at all sad that school starts in a little over a week?










1 comments:
Seriously, I am about done with summer. I think we need to get back into a more regular routine with better bedtimes, etc.
It seems like by the end of summer, everyone is worn out.
Post a Comment