I found this while blog stalking the links on Amy's blog.
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/08/what-id-like-fo.html
This woman is a mom of an only child and pretty much sums up what it's like for us. Except, that she has a girl. Anyway, I thought it was interesting. There are some things I don't feel apply to our situation and others where she took the words right out of my mouth.
Just a couple of examples:
"Parents are their only child’s primary source of entertainment. You know how you can send your children outside to get out of your hair? Not so much for us." This is, fortunately, not true for us. We are so lucky to live on a street where there are numerous playmates. It is rare that he cannot find a friend to play with if he wants one. Sundays are kinda hard not having friends over, but that's just one day a week.
"In fact, our daughter really enjoys her friends’ siblings--sometimes more than the friends themselves." This statement is totally true of Jonathan. He is fascinated by his friends' siblings. Especially the babies. Well, and the much older siblings. He has a couple of older kids on the street that he really looks up to.
And one more thing... Just cause I made a new post doesn't mean you don't have to play my game. You still have to play my game.
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/08/what-id-like-fo.html
This woman is a mom of an only child and pretty much sums up what it's like for us. Except, that she has a girl. Anyway, I thought it was interesting. There are some things I don't feel apply to our situation and others where she took the words right out of my mouth.
Just a couple of examples:
"Parents are their only child’s primary source of entertainment. You know how you can send your children outside to get out of your hair? Not so much for us." This is, fortunately, not true for us. We are so lucky to live on a street where there are numerous playmates. It is rare that he cannot find a friend to play with if he wants one. Sundays are kinda hard not having friends over, but that's just one day a week.
"In fact, our daughter really enjoys her friends’ siblings--sometimes more than the friends themselves." This statement is totally true of Jonathan. He is fascinated by his friends' siblings. Especially the babies. Well, and the much older siblings. He has a couple of older kids on the street that he really looks up to.
And one more thing... Just cause I made a new post doesn't mean you don't have to play my game. You still have to play my game.










1 comments:
Well, I think my kids just assume Jonathan is pretty much part of the family. ;)
Post a Comment