Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Soccer


Jonathan started soccer this week. This is his first time playing and he's doing really well for a beginner. He even almost made a goal! I'm proud of my little guy for trying so hard.

He also had a cheering section for his first game. Colleen, Mike, Christina and Kathleen all came down to watch him play. Jonathan was so excited to have his own cheer leaders.

If you have never watched little kids play soccer it is very entertaining. They ALL want the ball and they crowd so closely around it that they only end up kicking each other. Those shin guard were definitely a good investment.

See what I mean?














Taking a break.














All worn out.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww, look how cute he is!

And I love the bunch of kids clustered around the ball. Ha ha ha. And a little ouch too.

Amy said...

I love watching kids that age play soccer. Too cute! The poor goalie gets so bored, though!

Kim said...

These guys didn't actually have a goalie. The coach kept 2 of them back sort of close to the goal. When it was Jonathan's turn, he and the other kid were just out there dancing around.